Ethan Sieber, News Editor, and Colin Tobin, Managing Editor
On The College of Wooster’s campus, the temperature is cooling down, the leaves are starting to turn and students are back to immersing themselves into their studies, which can only mean that Black and Gold weekend is right around the corner. The College’s annual alumni and family weekend is a Wooster staple that allows past, present and future generations of the campus community to come together. If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend with friends and family, here are some of the biggest events to look forward to:
From 11 a.m.-4 p.m., check out the exhibit titled “Contained: The Art of Holding It Together” at the Ebert Art Center, which portrays 3000 years of containers created and used by humans.
Go see the Wooster Chorus perform a concert under Dr. Lisa Wong at 4:30 p.m. in McGaw Chapel.
A special Black and Gold Happy Hour at the UG will be open to students, alumni and family (over 21) from 7-9:30 p.m.
Alumni, current students and families are invited to a Tailgate Lunch in the newly renovated Lowry Center.
Cheer on the Fighting Scots football team as they take on the Wabash College Little Giants at 2 p.m. in Papp Stadium.
Due to inclement weather , March Through the Arch, the tradition of Wooster first-years walking through the Arch at Kauke Hall, was delayed for the Class of 2026 and will now be held Sunday, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m.
Upcoming Events in Wooster, Ohio:
- Downtown Wooster Farmers’ Market – Sept. 8 to Oct. 8
- Held every Saturday in the Historic Downtown Wooster Square
- Local produce, honey, tea, dog treats, flower bouquets, plants and more available
- Live music
- Woosterfest – Sept. 30 to Oct. 1
- Annual Oktoberfest-style festival
- Organized by the Wooster Area Chamber of Commerce
- Held in downtown Wooster
- Fall Shop Hop – Oct. 18 to Oct. 31
- Passports can be completed and returned for the chance to win up to $100 in Downtown Dollars
- Oct. 23 – Participating businesses will offer Fall-themed specials and features
- Oct. 23 – Live performances
- 1-1:45 p.m. – Cedar Valley Cloggers
- 3-5 p.m. – Rare Vintage
- Window Wonderland – Nov. 19
- Window decorations in downtown Wooster
- Voting on best display between Nov. 19 to Nov. 20